NHC Application Form
|Products and Services|
National Housing Corporation offers the following:
• Residential Houses For Rental.
List of Products:
1. Residential Houses and Commercial Properties For Rental.
• This is NHC's traditional and major income earning business which involve the management of its rental buildings including repair and maintenance. This activity, which is under the Directorate of Property Management and Directorate of Property Development and Maintenance.
• NHC Establishment Act 1990 review of 2005 has directed that it operates Commercially.
• Presently generated 88% of the total income.
• Manages a total of 16,021 rental units being 5,231 commercial and 10,790 Residential units as at 30th June, 2006.
2. Residential Houses and Commercial Properties For Sales.
Following the enactment of the Mortgage Financing (Special Provisions) Act and the Unit Titles Act in 2008, the NHC has a potential of turning the challenges of the housing sector into socio-economic opportunities, hence the need for new strategies and targets.
NHC's strategic plan provides an integrated framework that is designed to strengthen the coordination of NHC’s real estate activities and the operational systems in a coherent manner in order to achieve the following broad objectives:
3. Contract Business.
NHC's Directorate of Property Development and Maintenance is registered as a Building Contractor Class II with the Contractors Registration Board. Presently, the contract business contributes about 7 per cent of the total income. The activity also has a great growth potential in view of the booming construction sector in Tanzania. We call upon private and public Institutions to join hands with NHC by giving it contract works for the betterment of all.
4. Consultancy Services.
These Services are under the Directorate of Property Development and Maintenance and Directorate of Innovation Center. The Division of Consultancy offers the under mentioned services to NHC (at cost) as well as to the general Public. These services include:
• Project appraisal and feasibility studies.
• Architectural designs and drawings of buildings.
• Preparation of bills of quantities.
• Engineering designs and drawings.
• Construction management and supervision.